Peak-to-Peak Pro-Am Rules
- Entrants need not be a member of the Indian Peaks Alers or any homebrew club to enter, however entrants must be a member of the American Homebrewers Association at the time of the competition to qualify to be selected for a GABF Pro-Am. AHA membership number and expiration date must be entered on competition entry forms in order to be eligible for a GABF Pro-Am selection.
- All entries must be home-brewed. Commercially brewed beverages or beverages brewed on professional/commercial systems are ineligible. Team brews or barrel projects are allowed provided no portion of the entry was produced on a professional/commercial system.
- Entries will be judged according to the 2015 BJCP Style Guidelines. Only beer categories are allowed, no meads or ciders.
- Each entrant can submit one entry per BJCP subcategory. Multiple entries ARE ALLOWED for the following subcategories only: 28A, 28B, 28C, 29A, 29B, 29C, 30A, 30B, 30C, 31A, 31B, 32A, 32B, 33A, 33B, 34A, 34B, 34C. **see BCJP Style Guidelines.
- Entry Fees are $8 per entry payable via PayPal to email@example.com only. Do not send cash or checks with your entries.
- For each entry, brewers must provide TWO 10oz-16oz BROWN BOTTLES that are free from any previous labeling or residue. Bottle caps should be plain; any markings should be blacked out with a permanent marker. NOTE: Bottles that are unique enough to identify the entrant may be subject to disqualification and should not be submitted.
- Bombers (22oz or 750ml) are accepted; 2 bottles must be submitted.
- Clear bottles, green bottles, Grolsch-style swing top bottles, and bottles with raised lettering are allowed, but discouraged.
- Each bottle should be identified in the following manner:
- Fill out a bottle ID form completely (provided in on-line submission)
- RUBBER BAND a bottle ID form to each bottle. Taped or glued labels could disqualify the entry.
- One of the two bottles must have a completed competition entry form/recipe sheet attached to it with a RUBBER BAND. These forms can be printed directly from the competition website.
- Please fill out the entry forms completely. Be meticulous and note any special ingredients that must be specified per the 2015 BJCP Style Guidelines. Failure to note such ingredients may impact the judges’ scoring of your entry.
- All entries submitted become property of the Peak-to-Peak Pro-Am. No part of an entry will be returned. Bottles will not be returned. Empty bottles may be claimed on a first-come, first-served basis after the competition.
- The Indian Peaks Alers (competition organizer) reserves the right to disqualify any entry for failure to comply with these rules. Disqualified entries may be evaluated but will not be eligible for awards or prizes. No entries or fees will be returned. The decision of the judges is final.
BJCP Style Guidelines as they pertain to the Peak-to-Peak Pro-Am Competition
- All 2015 BJCP beer categories (categories 1-34) are eligible for submission. All subcategories for each major beer category are eligible.
- Additional information (i.e. base style and specialty) about entries in categories 21B, 23F, 27 – 34 must be provided as described in the 2015 BJCP Style Guidelines. Failure to include this information may lead to disqualification of your entry and will certainly be detrimental to your score.
- Only beer categories are allowed, no meads or ciders .
- The category and subcategory of the entry must be identified by the entrant or the entry will not be judged. Organizers will not classify or reclassify your entries.
- Each entry will be judged according to the 2015 BCJP Style Guidelines for the category and subcategory in which it is entered.
- Depending on the number and variety of total entries received the competition organizers reserve the right to combine two or more style categories to be judged in mixed or “collapsed” categories.
Rules for GABF Pro-Am Selection
- GABF Pro-Am rules permit a homebrewer only one entry in the competition per year. If you are already participating with a commercial brewery for this year’s GABF Pro-Am Competition, your entries are not eligible to win a Pro-Am entry in the Peak-to-Peak Pro-Am. Entries are still welcome in the competition for judging and category awards and non-GABF Pro-Am selection. Please let the organizers know if you already are participating in the GABF Pro-Am.
- Each entry should be accompanied by its recipe to be considered by commercial breweries for the GABF Pro-Am. Failure to include the recipe may disqualify the entry from consideration in the GABF Pro-Am selection.
- Participating commercial brewer and breweries retain the flexibility to:
- Change the winning recipe as necessary to accommodate their brewing equipment.
- choose the winning beer based on private concerns (marketability, balance to existing beer line, ability to participate in the GABF Pro-Am Competition, etc.)
We reserve the right to disqualify any entry for failure to comply with these rules. Disqualified entries may be evaluated but will not be eligible for awards or prizes. No entries or fees will be returned. The decision of the judges is final.